Sunday, April 6, 2008

Just for Kicks

I've been feeling uninspired for a few months now, and I don't like that. I decided to start drawing more. I wanted to try some things that I've never done, to branch out. I get hung up on design having to be meaningful and to accomplish a specific goal in communication. So my specific goal for this project is to be ridiculous and whimsical. I also get hung up on the execution part of the creative process. My natural approach is a very clean and refined approach (see previous posts about Root Design Build). Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just wanted to be able to do more than just that. The results of these experiments turned into a few t-shirt designs and a bunch of weird sketches. My inspiration came from talking with Tyson Schenk about some tee's he's working on. It's a brand called Woven, of his creation.

If you're reading this post, let me know if you would wear these shirts. Or not. And in 200 words or less, why or why not. Thank you!






3 comments:

Ben (the bread winner) said...

The idea of having an extra layer of hair on my chest is what sells me on these tees. Do they come with shaving creme?

zo said...

i dont know you. but the 'next blog' button brought me here, and i thought i'd tell you i'd wear these shirts. they're funky.x

whale said...

where is buy?