Friday, June 6, 2008

Monkey Script

I was digging through some old stuff at work and found a project I was working on a while ago. I had a pretty slow week and was just learning Fontlab studio (a program for creating fonts.) I took this amazing old letterpress type that I found and digitized it during that week. I had to recreate some of the letters that weren't in the original piece I was working from. I call it monkey script. I have no idea if it even exists anymore. I've never seen in anywhere else.

2 comments:

None said...

I hereby dub you cool typeface finder of the venerable modern age. I have an unhealthy typofilia for those old transitional faces with a unique peculiar character. Most of them died off when lead poisoning was invented. Shame. But this is a consummate resurgence. Is it in a form that I can use for undefined project No.47? Et al.

Emilio Z. said...

woooooooo. pretty cool. dont want to sound geeky but reminds me of lord of the rings, but finally legible!! cheers bro.