Tuesday, July 29, 2008

First attempt

I have made an attempt at a portrait. I am not even going to show it at this time. It is very likely that I will never be showing it. I have been trying to recreate the spontaneous nature of my sketches in painting form. I think that's my favorite part of my drawings. In the loose and roughly drawn shapes something (most of the time unintentional) emerges. So I began a painting the way I draw. I had the idea of continuing the theme of aged seafarers which was partially achieved. But it the end result felt more like a crazy Nazi submarine captain zombie. Not something ya wanna hang in the kids room.

Okay...maybe I will show it. But you must know that I do not endorse this painting in any way!!!

2 comments:

Dylan Todd said...

Oh man. I love it. Seriously, it's creepy and salty and awesome. Like some long-lost ghost captain tied to the sea for eternity.

And you say "crazy Nazi submarine captain zombie" like that's not the most awesome thing possible? I don't understand you humans.

I wish van Gogh painted more of those suckas. He'd probably still be alive today if he had.

Emilio Z. said...

oooooh...thats something new! It makes me wanto to try acrilic, maybe when I am a pro and cool like you guys!