Sunday, July 27, 2008

Seafolk

I always seem to sketch in themes, although it doesn't become apparent what that theme is until I get to the 4th or 5th drawing. I'm calling the most recent set Seafolk (which could also be a new genre of music (see Port O'Brien.) For whatever reason, all my recent drawings have turned out to be sailor and fisherman of some kind. Nothing modern, though. More like Victorian sailors and fisherman. There's a certain sinister quality to them. Maybe it's the striped shirts.





2 comments:

Ben (the bread winner) said...

What would be awesome is if you made the final portrait out of seashells, rope and broken beer bottles.

John, I love the blog-keep the posts a comin!

PS. you're sexy too

Dylan Todd said...

I feel all salty and weather-beaten. I'm loving these scalliwags. Cant wait to see the portrait.