Sunday, November 11, 2007

Last Wednesday night was the Rosy's: an award show for the advertising and design community of Portland. The party itself wasn't particularly overwhelming. Truth be told, many in our office speak of the Rosy's the way most speak of routine vehicle maintenance. The tickets run somewhere around $40 but the drinks are free when you get inside. After two hours of people trying to get their money's worth, the ceremony begins. I say ceremony, but it's more like a street carnival. It's sadly reminiscent of elementary school assemblies. I felt pretty bad for the MC who struggled with the crowd all evening.

One of the projects I worked on got a Rosy. It's a logo for Mint Dental Work. Exhibit A:



Steve got the lifetime achievement award. A pretty cool honor at a strange time. He's not retiring. Nor do I expect him to for many years. Why they chose to give him the lifetime achievement award now is beyond me.

No comments: