Sunday, November 18, 2007



This is my first graphic design textbook from a class I took as a junior in high school. It's pretty awesome, in a retro flashback kind of way. It's mostly about the technical side of things. Offset lithography, screen printing, photography (film of course). Some of it it actually still useful.

Check out this quote: "Physicists and mathematicians are working on such things as three-dimensional photography and adapting laser technology to the graphic arts."

I hope that works out. I've certainly been feeling the lack of laser technology in graphic design. In the future we won't even need computers. It will all be done with lasers.

1 comment:

Dylan Todd said...

There's a guy in my ward who works for NASA and he's always trying to get me to try their 3D scanner and printer out. It sort of scares me.

And in the future, everything will be done with lasers. Everything.